Now 3D equipped! Fully featured 7.1-channel audio and video processor, 8 HDMI Inputs and 2 Parallel HDMI outputs with the top four ports (HDMI 1 through 4) and top output (HDMI 1) supporting true bypass sensing 3D inputs automatically, Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio, PCM 24/192, highest quality 1080p upscaling with 1080p24 compatibility, Anthem Room Correction, two stereo zones.
Stunning two-channel/ multichannel sound and the most affordable high-end multizone controller put the audio/video experience in your hands. Designed and built in North America, the AVM 50v 3D operates on the same award-winning platform as its more expensive sibling, the Anthem Statement D2v 3D.
AVM 50v now 3D equipped!
From riding the third dimension on light cycles in the movie Tron, to racing through the 3D jungles of Pandora in Avatar, the movie experience is always better in triple dimensions. 3D video has a different structure than traditional video so it must pass through the A/V processor without being affected. The new Anthem AVM 50v circuit board automatically detects the presence of 3D video and goes into passthrough mode as per a source menu option for video output configuration, passing the 3D HDMI signal from a 3D Blu-ray player to a 3D TV at resolutions up to 1080p. For additional convenience, in passthrough mode the output refresh rate is now automatically matched to the source’s frame refresh rate which is useful for sources that output a mix between 24, 50 and 60 Hz.
WHY ANTHEM’S AVM 50v IS THE BEST-SELLING PREAMPLIFIER/PROCESSOR IN ITS CLASS…
SOUND FROM HDMI SOURCES PLAYS PERFECTLY, AT LEAST IT DOES IF YOU’RE USING AN AVM 50v
Why? In the AVM 50v, all eight HDMI inputs are connected through high-performance TMDS (Transition Minimized Differential Signaling) timing regenerators and multiplexers. The receiver contains a programmable equalizer and a Clock Data Recovery (CDR) function for each of the three TMDS pairs in an HDMI or DVI signal. The TMDS data outputs are regenerated and perfectly aligned to the regenerated TMDS clock signal, creating an extremely clean low-jitter DVI/HDMI signal that is easily decoded by the HDMI receiver. This is particularly useful for cleaning up a noisy/jittery source, or when a long or low-quality cable is being used.
BROADCAST-QUALITY DIGITAL VIDEO PROCESSING
- Video Format Conversion—the latest-generation Sigma DesignsVXP broadcast-quality digital image processor (supporting deep color and better-than-ever video algorithms!) converts any SD or HD video standard to other video standards.
- Quadruple video output configuration makes it easy to switch from one configuration to another.
- Superior image quality using per-pixel processing and motion-adaptive de-interlacing to ensure optimal image sharpness and picture resolution. • Dynamic directional interpolation eliminates jaggy artifacts found in traditional de-interlacing algorithms.
- Full film-mode detection for all SD and HD inputs.
- Video transcoding allows S-Video and Component Video inputs to be digitally processed and enhanced, and then routed through the Component or HDMI outputs.
- Each source can be adjusted independently for best picture.
ESPECIALLY FOR ENHANCED VIDEO PERFORMANCE
- Adjustable cropping
- Aspect ratio control
- Chroma bug filter
- Frame lock
- Gamma correction
- Adjustable noise reduction
- Adjustable detail enhancement
- Custom output resolution and timing via PC utility
- All on-screen displays are shown through HDMI and Component Video
- On-screen display shows adjustments being made (can be disabled)
- All functions are available for HD input
WHAT’S UNDER THE AVM HOOD
- Component parts are carefully chosen for their ability to maintain the lowest possible total harmonic distortion and noise (THD + N).
- Handcrafted circuit board layouts (not done by auto-routers) with extensive use of groundplanes achieve exceptionally low noise, low crosstalk, and protect against electrostatic discharge.
- 4-layer hand-designed motherboard includes separate power and groundplanes.
- 6- and 8-layer DSP, A/D and D/A boards. A/D and D/A converter boards use separate analog and digital planes, as well as separate power and groundplanes for remarkably low noise. All critical signal paths are surrounded by groundplanes.
- Super-efficient switching power supply:
- Low-noise, low-emissions design
- Multiple-synchronized dithered-frequency isolation stages ensure exceptionally quiet audio and video operation and excellent electromagnetic compatibility
- Fourteen independently regulated output stages ensure optimal operating environment
- Anthem’s Own Design! Two dual-core digital signal processing (DSP) engines, our own design, offer a total of 800 MIPS to allow decoding of the new HD audio standards: Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD High-Resolution Audio and DTS-HD Master Audio. More than enough processing power to handle even the most complex program material with matchless precision.
- Superior Analog-to-Digital/Digital-to-Analog conversion:
- A/D capable of up to 24-bit x 96-kHz resolution
- D/A operates at full 24-bit x 192-kHz resolution
- Audio-grade film capacitors and operational amplifiers.
- Superior-quality analog attenuator (volume control).
- Fully buffered audio and video inputs for minimum crosstalk.
- Highest-quality video-switching circuitry on completely independent and isolated circuit boards.
- High-precision thru-hole passive components.
- Heavy-gauge non-resonant chassis.
- Headphone amplifier features a high-current/voltage design with a dedicated fully discrete output www.
… AND FOR THE AUDIO PURIST
- Analog-Direct available on all inputs
- Tone Bypass disables Bass/Treble adjustment
- Balanced 2-channel XLR digital input for best digital signal
- True-Balanced 2-channel analog input for best analog signal
- True-Balanced analog outputs provide best noise rejection and purest signal transmission
AND THEN THERE’S ANTHEM ROOM CORRECTION (ARC)
Even when the finest speakers are perfectly positioned, the room itself still has a dramatic impact on a system’s sound, an impact more profound than that of any individual component. Various solutions have fallen in and out of favor over the years, but none has solved the problem of “the room.” Until ARC. Using proprietary processes and the power of your PC the ARC system, years in development and included with your Anthem AVM 50v, analyzes each speaker’s in-room sound and then computes the required correction to yield optimal performance from every speaker. It’s a process that takes less than five minutes! Anthem’s approach is a true audiophile solution to the problems of the room. ARC is garnering rave reviews across the industry. For more information, see the ARC data sheet.
For more information on the AVM 50v, please download the AVM50v data sheet.
For more information on Anthem Room Correction (ARC), please download the ARC-1_PDS information sheet.